Friday, April 8, 2011

A Bit of Brilliance - Colour Crush

If you haven't picked up on it yet (see here, here, here, and here) I seem to have a bit of a thing for rainbows. Perhaps it isn't rainbows themselves that j'adore but just the cheerful feeling of many bright hues all together.

To be honest, this really only hit me yesterday while perusing the inspiring photos I've saved on my computer. The amount of previous posts involving rainbow inspired pictures is completely un-planned. This post however is the opposite, intentional, and a shout out to colour and fun!

1. These sketches by Alisa Burke, part of many images shared on her blog, are incredible - I am so jealous of her amazing talent. Check out her blog alisaburke (and, word has it, a future online store opening soon!).




2. Although I like to admire monochromatic interiors (from afar) I don't think I could ever truly live without some colour. These colourful interiors are right up my alley...

I. want. to. go. to. here. - Magnus Arnesund for Swedish Elle Interior
Willy Wonka goes minimalist! - Housedesignoo
Classic Louis XV chair + rainbow stripes = LOVE at Interior Design Modern
Wouldn't it be easier to get up for work if this is where you got to eat breakfast? - Source Unknown

3. After maple syrup is there really anything that makes pancakes better? There is now - rainbow pancakes! (That you can eat in your oh so cheery breakfast table above...)

i am mommy: rainbow pancakes

4. Ok, ok, so this may not exactly fit with today's colour scheme... In my defense, Tina Fey is both colourful and funny so I'm counting it. As a HUGE Tina Fey and 30Rock fan (who isn't?) I can't wait to read all about (what I assume will be) her crazy shenanigans.


5. Apparently I was the only person on the planet that didn't know about this video. I was quickly put in my place after questioning my brother's 'double rainbow' Halloween costume - now that I get it I'm a bit jealous at how perfect the costumes really were...

My brother and his crafty girlfriend (who has amazing tie-dye skills and gets credit for the costumes).

"Double Rainbow" - funnier every time you watch 
(I promise)


Enjoy!
Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment